5 Breakfasts to Help Burn Stubborn Belly Fat
The two biggest mistakes I see people make when it comes to wanting to lose belly fat are eating low fat foods for breakfast and skipping breakfast.
Most low fat foods as I have previously blogged about are high in sugar and by eating sugary breakfasts in the morning can send your blood sugar levels soaring which in turn releases insulin to bring it back down again rapidly. Insulin is our fat building hormone and will therefore store any unused sugar as fat.
Likewise if you don’t eat breakfast in the morning, your blood levels will drop at some point and hence you are more likely to crave sugary and processed foods and the cycle above repeats itself again.
So to ensure you are burning fat efficiently and not storing it, it is important to choose the right breakfasts to start your day. These are my 5 breakfast winners and are all featured on my programmes.
- Indian Scrambled Eggs on a Bed of Spinach (switch Eggs for Tofu for a vegan option) Fry 1/2onion, chilli and tomato in coconut oil and then add in eggs to scramble. Add S&P.
- Berrylicious Muesli – 1/2 cup home made muesli with 2 desert spoons of greek yogurt, handful of mixed berries and a dash or almond milk to serve.
- Avocado Egg n Toast with Garden Salad – 1 slice of seeded bread toasted, hard boil an egg, slice half an avocado on the toast, Slice the egg on top. S&P to taste. Handful of spinach, sliced cucumber and drizzle balsamic vinegar and olive oil on top
- Pesto Eggs and Beans on Toast – Heat Cannelloni Beans in saucepan with a little water
. Scramble the eggs in a frying pan with coconut oil. Drain the cooked beans and add them to the cooked eggs. Stir through a few tablespoons of pesto.
Serve on Wholemeal toast
- Avocado and humous on Toast. Scoop out flesh of avocado and place it in a bowl with the humous. Mash all together with a fork and squeeze in lime juice. Spread on the toast. Serve with black pepper.